Thursday, February 16, 2017

a little bit of this and a little bit of that

How am I supposed to be a world famous blogger, if I don't blog at least a few times a week? I'm slacking. In my world though if I'm not blogging, that probably means shit is going OK.

It's tax season which means it's time to start redecorating. I've gotten into makeup a lot more over the last few months. I blame Snapchat. I started loving lipstick because the filters would give you different colors to "try" out and I noticed I kinda look like a rock star.

My friend Jessica's beauty room that she has at her house has also given me some inspiration.

Photo cred to Jessica M. 
My new obsessions are lipsticks (matte please), blush (that you can actually see I'm wearing), and highlighter. Still not a fan of anything to do with my eyes. Mostly because my hands shake like I'm coming off a five day crack bender so it's tough for me to put on eyeliner. (Side noteI just smashed two of my fingers in the filing cabinet at work. I wasn't sure if I was going to pass out or throw up from the pain. Either way, I doubt I'll be able to master that cat eye now.)

My first remodel was to do something with my black and gold room. When I moved in almost two years ago, I had a secretary desk that was my grandma's, a toy box from when I was a kid, and an IKEA bookshelf. On more than one occasion people have asked "what is this room for?" Shit, I don't know.

Secretary desk and toy box.

Toy box and IKEA bookshelf.
I wanted to be able to utilize this room more. Naturally, I turned to Facebook and found this amazing desk/vanity for only $190! I found this cute stool for $35 (Facebook find too). I got a vanity mirror (Target), and a few knickknacks (Hobby Lobby and Target) to sit on it. I went to Hobby Lobby and got all the cute stuff to hang above it.  The room feels a bit warmer now and I can sit and do my makeup in the morning.

I had a little bit of excitement on Sunday at my house. I went to leave at about 11:50 to run to Kroger. The door to the garage was open, so I walked out in the garage to see if I could see Jamison. I came back inside and got treats out because he'll come running inside if he hears the treats. He didn't come so naturally I figured he was back in the bedroom. I ran to Kroger and came home. Jamison was not around which is not normal because he's always with me. He likes to help me do everything. I started looking around for him and couldn't find him. My thought was that he was in the garage when I left for Kroger and now he's outside. I went out back and called his name.  No Jamison. I walked around the block. I went back inside and looked in every drawer, box spring, and cabinet. I got out plates for their wet cat food because he goes crazy when it's time to eat. I had the screen door open and was rubbing the plates together so he could hear me. No Jamison. I texted my mom and she came over. She went through the house again including the stove, refrigerator, and freezer. No Jamison. We both started walking around the neighborhood calling his name and shaking bags of food and treats. No Jamison. After about 2.5-3 hours, I came inside and started cutting up potatoes for soup. I put food and water out back and on the front porch. My mom left around 3:00 I think and drove around the block before heading home. My dad and step-mom then came over and looked through the house some more. My dad even went out in the garage and looked inside my car. They left and still no Jamison. I decided to drive around the block down the main roads to make sure he had not been hit by a car. I showered and ate dinner. I kept checking the back door and front door for him. I called out his name. Shook the plates some more. At 7:00 (7 hours later), I hear scratching. I fly off the couch and go to the back door thinking he'll be standing there. Nope. I keep hearing scratching though. I open the door to the garage and this asshole comes running inside. I started crying. SO happy to see him. Then it dawned on me that he was inside my car. Not inside chilling in the front seat. But, up inside my car. Yes, the engine. Which means he was in the engine while I drove to Kroger and around the block. They say cats have nine lives. I called my mom, dad, and sister to tell them he was "home." He's lucky he's cute. Longest 7 hours ever! 

No comments: